How to get more VOLUME in your hair?
You all want to know the tips you can take home with you, so you can receive high rise volume in your hair! Now we have some helpful tips and products we recommend for you to achieve that big sexy hair you desire!
IT STARTS WITH THE BASICS!
Boost the strength and volume of your hair with Alek Boost Volumizing Shampoo. Infused with Natural Proteins, Amino Acids, Boost Volumizing Shampoo imparts tremendous shine, condition, and strength.This is the first step to get beautiful voluminous hair.
Haircuts DO Matter!
Layers are your bestfriend! When it comes to creating a nice bounce to your hair. Layers reduce weight within your hair, and having layers surrounding your face will make it easy to achieve a volumized hair style. Hair that is all one length tends to be heavier and it is harder to acheive the goal you are reaching for. We recommend trained professionals at D’Agostino Hair Artistry to create a nice smooth, flowy, layered haircut.
Apply Product Before Blow Drying!
Blow drying can be FUN! But, first we need to apply product to towel dried hair to achieve our look! We recommend Alek Kreate Texture Styling Creme, For all Hair Types. A versatile, medium to firm hold styling product, Alek Kreate Texture Crème allows your Kreativity to take over. Kreate any style on any type of hair texture. On thick hair, Kreate a piecey textured look that is not stiff. For finer and regular textured hair, Kreate volume and smoothness with stronger hold.
Go Against The Grain!
Figure out which direction your hair lays flat and then style it in the opposite direction. This will create lift at the roots, because your hair is still trying to go the other way. So, for example, blow dry your hair so that it’s going to the left. Once it’s dry, comb and style it to the right. BAM: instant lift with almost no effort!
We all want to achieve beautiful voluminous hair. With these easy tips, it will help you get the look you want! High Rise Volume!
Winter weather can make your skin and hair look and feel like an alligator. Cold temperatures and winds, along with outdoor activities, contribute to uncomfortable flakey and dry skin. It can also really damage your hair.
Here are a few things you can do:
- A hot shower on a cold morning sounds great, but that is not the best idea. In fact, hot water will dry out your skin and hair, leaving skin dry and scaly and hair looking dull. Instead, take a shorter warm shower, no more than ten minutes.
- When done with the shower or washing your hands, apply cream or lotion to your freshly dried skin. Your hands will dry out with all the soap and/or alcohol based hand sanitizer too. Have your stylist help you choose a hair conditioner for the winter months.
- When choosing a skin lotion, read the ingredients. Look for creams or lotions with ingredients such as ceramides, urea, lactic acid and dimethicone.
- Having the heat on will dry out your skin and hair as well. Use a humidifier in your office or home to add moisture to the air.
- What you wear actually matters. Cotton is a soft natural fabric that will not irritate your skin. You can wear a thin cotton layer under your clothes. Protect your hair from wind.
- Always use sunscreen. You can find moistures that include sunscreen with an SPF 15 or higher for daily use and SPF 30 for recreational use. This is true even during the winter.
- Remember that your scalp is part of your skin. Dry scalp problems sometimes require a different shampoo or conditioning treatment. Talk with your stylist about the best solution for your situation.
- Your skin is your largest and most protective organ. Take good care of it.